UIRehab is seeking an enthusiastic, creative, and flexible Recreational Therapist to plan, coordinate, and lead recreational programs, events, and activities that provide meaningful experiences to our clients.
Universal Institute is a leading provider of rehabilitation and supportive-living services to individuals with brain and spinal cord injuries, and other neurological conditions. Our home and community-based platform offers Client-centered services with concentration of Activities of Daily Living and Community Reintegration. In addition to physical impairments, our population often has difficulty with attention, concentration, memory, organizational skills, perception, expressing feelings, and at times inappropriate behaviors. At UIRehab, our objective is to encourage our Clients to work toward their personal goals while developing and maintaining the self-assurance to live as independently as possible.
Listed below are the essential functions of your position. This list is not inclusive and you will be required to perform other tasks as determined necessary by supervisory personnel:
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assesses clients needs in accordance with diagnosis and prescription for treatment.
- Develops and revises rehabilitation treatment goals and objectives.
- Designs and implements individual and group treatment, providing revisions to treatment plans as necessary.
- Actively participates in ensuring that recreation and cognitive therapy services are provided based on the client’s span of care within the identified time frames (therapy projections).
- Maintains all appropriate documentation within a reasonable time frame and in compliance with regulations.
- Attends and participates in weekly treatment team meetings.
- Evaluates clients’ behavioral intervention needs, establishes guidelines for managing individual behaviors, and provides in-service staff training on behavioral intervention guidelines for individual clients.
- Contacts with referring medical providers for clarification or elaboration of treatment orders and to discuss changes as indicated.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Compassionate by nature.
- Approachable with excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong ability to listen.
- The ability to speak persuasively and communicate effectively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Strong desire to help people.
- Well-organized and dependable.
- Ability to think quickly and remain level-headed in an emergency.
Education and Experience
- Already possess the following certifications: Certified Therapeutic Recreation Specialist (CTRS) and willingness to obtain the Certified Brain Injury Specialist (CBIS); OR certification in the Practice of Cognitive Rehabilitation Therapy (CPCRT).
- Individuals providing waiver services must have a Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in an allied field with licensure, certification, or registration where applicable credentialing is not available. A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree professional must be supervised by a license psychologist, licensed social worker, licensed professional counselor, or occupational therapist.
Requirements Relating to Position
- Have criminal clearances as per 35 P.S. §10225.101 seq. and 6 PA Code Chapter 15.
- Must be able to drive UIRehab’s handicapped accessible transportation van.
- Must be physically able to assist clients in safe evacuation from the site in the event of an emergency within time frame specified by licensing requirements.
- Must be physically able to perform CPR and First Aid in the event of an emergency.
Involves regular interaction with a wide variety of unpredictable and often inappropriate conduct and comments by brain-injured individuals.
- Universal Institute offers a comprehensive employee benefit package including health, dental, vision, life and long-term disability insurance, 401(K) savings plan, pension plan, personal and sick days, vacation, and holidays. These benefits are available to all regular, full-time employees.
Standard Requirements of Employment
- To be considered for employment, all applicants must meet the standard minimum requirements:
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent.
- Must have a valid PA/NJ Driver’s License with a clean driving record.
- Prior to employment, all new hires must complete:
- Physical and Mantoux test.
- Exclusion Check.
- Criminal History Background Check –
- PATCH Background Check (two year PA residents)
- FBI Background Check (non-PA residents)
EOE/M/F/D/V/SO Universal Rehabilitation and Fitness Institute Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
We would love to hear from you!
If you have a passion for learning new things, sharing your knowledge with others, and recognize that a positive attitude is what matters most, UIRehab might be the right place for you. To apply for this opportunity, please share your interest by completing the information below.
|Job Category||All, Therapist|