Universal Institute’s program and services are designed for individuals who are seeking a person-centered, non-traditional therapy approach. Our goal is to empower our Clients with hope, determination, and courage, to forge ahead in maximizing their ability to perform daily activities in a way that enhances their quality of life. We have made our admissions process as simple as possible for our Clients, their families, and referral sources. Let our journey together begin!
Make a Referral
Universal Institute strives to be number one in the state with customer service. Our professionals will assist you in making the admissions processes as easy as possible. When making a referral please fax the following to 973 992 7178:
- Medical history and physical
- Current physician and nursing notes
- Current Physical Therapy, Occupational Therapy and Speech Therapy notes
- Current list of medications
- Face sheet of demographic information (name, address, phone #, DOB, contacts)
Once received the admissions office will carefully review medical records and determine admission based on the medical history provided and individual’s needs. If found appropriate for our program the next steps will follow:
- Fax an RX from a Physician stating Evaluate and Treat for PT, OT, ST and Cognitive therapy.
- You will come in for an hour 1:1 private evaluation with each discipline to determine if therapy is warranted and what your long term and short term goals will be.
- Each discipline will write a full summary of the evaluation and it will be forwarded to the insurance company for authorizations.
- Once authorizations are received, the client is ready for admission.
Pre-Admission Intake Screening
The Pre-Admission Intake Screening is an opportunity for potential clients and their family / caregivers to tour our facilities, ask questions, meet members of the team and determine if UI Rehab NJ is the right choice to meet your rehabilitation needs. The tour can last as long as necessary. Many clients choose to spend several hours at our day program to get a better idea of what day at UI Rehab NJ is like. Please contact our Admissions Department at 973-992-8181 to schedule your tour today.
UI Rehab NJ proudly accepts the following forms of reimbursement: New Jersey DDD Fee for Service, New Jersey TBI MLTSS Medicaid programs, Medicare, Workman’s Compensations programs, No Fault Auto Insurance programs and Private Pay. If you have any questions, require further information or would like a tour of our facilities, please do not hesitate to contact us at 973-992-8181 and ask for Admissions.